Monday, May 16, 2011

Apparently I spoke too soon

I knew the rain would be back. It is. I can almost hear the grass growing.

We had a nice time over the weekend, though. (Despite the rain.) One of the neighborhood "kids" that I  got to see growing up over those 22 years in Cleveland had a Big Fat Greek Wedding.  It was a joyful celebration with good friends, food, and drink. Those are the things most difficult to drag yourself away from when you decide to relocate.  But...

I'm amusing myself this morning by listening to rain songs on You Tube. I've added some of them to the Hypster playlist on this page. I'm amazed by the number of songs with the word "rain" in the title. Some of them are really good, too.

I'm also reading Farewell My Suburu, and my thoughts so far go something like this: Boy, this guy has a way with words. He is one engaging and witty writer. Also, it must be nice to launch your experiment in sustainable living with his kind of budget. And omg, he's raising goats! I'm jealous!  I'm not zoned for goats here. And even if I could have them, where would I get a goat sitter when we went to visit the grandkid?

I'll get back to you when I have some deeper thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment