Friday, September 23, 2011

News you can use!

I'm working on those goals I said I'd be writing. At some point I will share them. It's humbling to realize what a novice I remain.

In the meantime, I've added a link (in the right hand column over there) to an upcoming event that is definitely worth a road trip to Buffalo.  Daemen College will be hosting the 8th Annual World on Your Plate Conference October 14-15.  Clicking on the graphic over there will take you to their website for more info, and you can register online (although pre-registration is not necessary).  Some of the workshops and speakers look outstanding, but I am especially excited about the screening and discussion of The Economics of Happiness and keynote speaker Judy Wicks, co-founder of the Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE). 

So now it's apple time here. The Busti Apple Festival is this weekend, and we've harvested a couple of baskets full from our own trees (it doesn't get much more local than that!), which I'll be turning into applesauce and pie filling today.  We had planned a trip out to the farm to help dig up potatoes, but it looks like the weather has other ideas today.

Random thought: I've decided to start thinking of dandelions as food. I will even share recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment