Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Indian Summer!

November has brought the beautiful fall weather that we got cheated out of last month. We've been enjoying walks (which make the dog very happy) and doing outdoor cleanup. My borders are all trimmed back for the coming winter, outdoor furniture is put away, and Tom has built another raised bed for vegetables. Soon I'll be able to move my dollhouses and crafting materials in from the garage and up to our new second story space. It's going to be unfinished space for a while, but after having NO space for working on projects, I'm not complaining.

It's been easier to get up and moving in the morning since we set our clocks back and gained an hour.  I'm feeling very productive.This morning I did laundry and some yard work, took Conor for a spin around the block, and started dinner slow cooking  in the crock pot -- all before the second pot of coffee. At noon, we packed up lunch and went to the little community park down by the lake for a picnic. About two dozen other people had the same idea! These are definitely "bonus days" to be savored ahead of the long winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment