Thursday, June 13, 2013

In every life a little rain must fall

Well, what did Henry Wadsworth Longfellow know? These days, it's either NO rain (drought) or a WHOLE LOT of rain. I'm wondering if my little annual flowers will survive these repeated soakings. I have dug little drainage canals through my flower beds.

I managed to miss out on just about everything last weekend, not because of the weather, but because I was waylaid by a nasty upper respiratory virus.  (But I was very pleased with the prompt, professional service I received at 5 Star Urgent Care on Saturday morning.) I'm feeling better now, and hoping for better weather this weekend, for everyone's sake.  The weather forecast at the moment says it's going to be just about perfect (with residual puddles and mosquitoes) on Saturday.

The St. Nicholas annual Yassou Festival will be held this Friday and Saturday, 11 am - 11 pm, rain or shine!   Maybe getting out for some yummy Greek food will make up for the ribs I didn't get last weekend?

On Saturday afternoon, there is a drumming festival, artists showcase, and Art BURN Auction (everything that doesn't sell will be burned!) at the 100 Acre Woods (it's free), and that evening at 6, Big Leg Emma is playing a free show at Southern Tier Brewing.

Could be some really fun times.

Still waiting to find out if we'll be seeing the grandkids this weekend, now that there's been some talk about postponing their trip a couple of weeks.

Still wondering when Tom will get back from his cycling trip, which has been plagued with downpours, making for less than ideal riding conditions.

Waiting and wondering as I oversee this week's food buying club distribution and sit here waiting for people to pick up their orders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment